Individuals with higher levels of educational attainment volunteer at higher rates than those with less education. So when you volunteer with the organizations listed below, you're giving back and teaching others the importance of volunteering. Here are just a few local volunteering opportunities in the Mid-South this week.
First time to volunteer?
If you’ve never volunteered through Volunteer Mid-South, register and complete the new volunteer orientation online at www.volunteermidsouth.org.
Click on the Become a Member tab to register. Then, click on the new volunteer orientation link on the home page.
All of the volunteering opportunities listed below can be found on www.volunteermidsouth.org
TEACHERS AND MENTORS:
· tnAchieves needs mentors to serve as college coaches for high school students.
· Virtue Quest Mentoring needs mentors to work with elementary school students.
· KIPP: Memphis Academy Middle School seeks tutors to work with their students.
· Kroc Center wants volunteers to work with youth at their MAM After School Discipleship Program and challenge coaches to lead kids through themed challenges..
· Achievement School District wants literacy tutors to work with children from low performing schools.
· Memphis Public Library and Information Center needs homework coaches to work with children in grades 3-5.
· Tutor for Good seeks tutors to instruct students online.
· Livitup, Inc. seeks help with daily activities for Livitup Day Services.
· The ARC Mid-South needs classroom aides to assist tutor people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the L.E.T.S. Program.
· Shelby Residential & Vocational Services is looking for volunteers to teach math, dance, art, yoga, music and more at their day program.
· Agape Child & Family Services needs volunteers to assist the homework center in the Autumn Ridge Apartments.
· Volunteer for the mentoring program at one of six Girls Incorporated centers.
· Memphis Grizzlies Charitable Foundation needs volunteers for its “Team Up” youth mentoring initiative.
· Memphis Center for Independent Living needs facilitators to guide activities in their Next Chapter Book Club for adolescents and adults with intellectual challenges.
· Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Memphis: become a BIG.